Parcours


J'ai eu la chance de naître dans un milieu textile. Ma mère a toujours été passionnée par les tissus de toutes les régions du monde, et mon père avait une entreprise de rubans.
I was privileged enough to be born to a mother who has always
been crazy for textile and collects fabric from all over the
world and a father who owned a ribbon factory.

Déjà au 17ème siècle, mes aïeux étaient passementiers dans la région
stéphanoise !!! Quel héritage !!! :-)
My father's fathers were already manufacturing ribbons near St
Etienne in the seventeenth century, and I seem to have
inherited their passion for textile!

Après un court détour par la profession d'infirmière, j'ai découvert le patchwork dans les années 80.
I was working as a nurse when, in the 1980s, I fell in love
with quilting.

Je me suis formée à travers les livres, ai pris quelques stages puis ai fait partager mon expérience dans des clubs de ma région ardéchoise.
I improved my skills through reading, took a few courses and
was able to share my knowledge and enthusiasm in
quilting groups and clubs in Ardèche (South of Lyon), where I
live.

J'ai étudié l'art contemporain en première année d'arts plastiques.
Je suis inscrite à une formation de broderie machine à City & Guilds -UK-
I took a first year course in contemporary art at university
and am currently practising free machine embroidery thanks to
a City & Guild (UK) correspondence course.

La découverte de la teinture végétale a été une révélation
et depuis 2003, j'anime des stages de teinture végétale.
 J'approfondis personnellement les techniques de teinture japonaise et de fermentation.
Discovering vegetable dyeing radically altered my perspective
as an artist. I have been giving courses in vegetable dyeing since 2003.
At the moment, I am exploring various Japanese dyeing methods.